Volunteer with youth in Los Angeles at the Bresee Youth Center’s after-school program. Volunteers help us provide the high quality after-school and family services that allow students to reach their full potential. They do all this while learning new skills and having the rewarding experience of giving back to their community.
Watch the story of 2013 HALO Award winner Tutor Ted Dorsey, who teaches free ACT prep classes at Bresee.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
One Time Service
- Guest Presenter
- One time workshop or activity leader
- Large group service events
- Middle School Tutor
- High School Tutor, particular need in upper level Math and Science
- Art Assistant
- Dance Assistant
- Music Assistant (Guitar, Piano, Ableton Live/Beat Making)
- Free Time Supervisors
Teen Tech Center
- Assist High School students create, invent, and explore technology
- Teach music production, film making, video editing, photography, coding, robotics
Behind the Scenes
- General Administrative Assistant
- Grant Prospecting Development Assistant
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bresee! Please download the Volunteer Application and either hand deliver, mail, fax, or email it to Maria Guerra, our volunteer manager, at:
After the application is submitted, we will contact you for an interview. Feel free to email or call with any questions. Thank you for applying to volunteer with us!
For more information, please contact Maria Guerra at (213) 387-2822 ext. 111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.