Volunteer with youth in Los Angeles at the Bresee Youth Center’s after-school program. Last year, over 400 volunteers served at Bresee Foundation as tutors, mentors, workshop leaders, interns and more! Volunteers help us provide the high quality after-school and family services that allow students to reach their full potential. They do all this while learning new skills and having the rewarding experience of giving back to their community.
Watch the story of 2013 HALO Award winner Tutor Ted Dorsey who has donated the equivalent of over $200,000 in volunteering to teach free SAT prep classes at Bresee.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Below is a list of current ways you can volunteer with youth in Los Angeles. We are especially in need of volunteers to help with our Teen Tech Center, and to serve as mentors for youth in our Gang Reduction and Youth Development (GRYD) program.
One Time Service
- Guest Presenter
- One time workshop or activity leader
- Large group service events
- Middle School Tutor
- High School Tutor, particular need in upper level Math and Science
- Art Assistant
- Dance Assistant
- Music Assistant (Guitar, Piano, Ableton Live/Beat Making)
- Free Time Supervisors
Teen Tech Center
- Assist High School students create, invent, and explore technology
- Teach music production, film making, video editing, photography, coding, robotics
- GRYD One on One Mentors
Behind the Scenes
- General Administrative Assistant
- Grant Prospecting Development Assistant
- GRYD Program Interns
- Summer Youth Development Interns
- Media/Marketing Interns
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bresee! Please download the Volunteer Application and either hand deliver, mail, fax, or email it to our Volunteer Program at:
After the application is submitted, we will contact you for an interview. Feel free to email email@example.com or call (213) 387-2822 ext 111 with any questions and thank you for applying to volunteer with us!
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (213) 387-2822 ext. 111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.